2011-05-23

Pirates of the Caribbean 4, On stranger tides

Title: Pirates of the Carribbean 4, On stranger tides
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Release: May 18th, 2011 (World Premiere)
Actors: Johnny Depp, Penélope Cruz, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McShane
Plot: Follow Jack Sparrow in his attempt to find the Fountain of Youth.

Discussion:
Victoria: We watched it in 3D in the movies and I must say this movie is NOT worth watching in 3D. There were practically no effects whatsoever. So kind of dissappointed in that area, but since I love all the Pirates movies I like this one as well. A good follow-up, but not AS good as the first 3.
Ninnie: Not as good at all! Don't get me wrong it's still a very good one! I think it would have been better if Kiera Knightley (Elisabeth) and Orlando Bloom (Will) would have been in it. But as long as Depp (Jack Sparrow) is in it I'm ok with it.
Victoria: Yes. I never really like when you remove the main characters in movies (or shows..), so that is actually a big minus. But if I should review the movie itself and leave out the negative comments (on 3D and removing main characters) I think it's an exciting movie and it still has the famous Pirates-of-the-Carribbean-feeling to it, which is a BIG plus.
Ninnie: True! You gotta love the music! Powerful! At least to us pirates fans Haha! Acting wise?
Victoria: You gotta love Depps performances in all the movies, and he doesn't fail in this one either. I must say I'm no fan of Cruz in this movie. I have nothing against her as an actress, but she doesn't fit in this movie and therefor I'm a little annoyed by her acting. Might just be me, but yeah. That's my opinion. What do you say?
Ninnie: Omg, so true! I didn't realize this until you said it, but oh God it's true. I was totally annoyed by her acting while watching but I didn't really think about it, just like subconsciously.


Sum Up: Can't even be compared to the other POTC movies but still really good and exciting! And a must-see if you've seen the other ones (If you haven't you should)!

Victoria: 3,5/5
Ninnie: 3,6/5

Peas & Carrots/V&N


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar