2010-10-07

Man On Fire

Title: Man On Fire
Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller
Release: April 6th, 2004 (DVD Sweden)
Actors: Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Marc Anthony
Plot: A family in Mexico City, where child kidnapping is part of every day life, hires Creasy, a previous CIA agent to be the bodyguard of their 10 year old daughter Pita. Creasy and Pita develops a close relationship. He is willing to do anything to protect Pita.

Discussion:
Victoria: The story blew me away.
Ninnie: Totally! And I cant believe how a 10 (about 10) year old could be such a great actress! Incredible!
Victoria: Dakota Fanning does a fantastic job- there's no doubt about that!  This movie is close to 2h30min, but I can honestly say it was interesting all through those 150 minutes.
Ninnie: Indeed! I love the way they've cut every scene and the light settings is great too.
Victoria: Yes, everything is so nicely made, the colors, the pictures, the actors and characters and the story. Man On Fire was requested by one of our readers and I believe I can say that I really loved this movie. I don't cry to movies, but if I would, I'd cry my heart out in the end.
Ninnie: Yes I loved it too. Victoria was there anything you disliked?
Victoria: Not really, to be honest. What about you?
Ninnie: Hm? Some might be disappointed that the action starts after about an hour, but personally I think it's fine the way it is.
Victoria: But then again- how often does the action start right away in a movie? Was the movie predictable?
Ninnie: No it really wasn't.

Victoria: Sum up: Great- double great- movie. Really touching story, amazing acting and there's no doubt about it- you should definitely watch Man On Fire!

Ninnie: 5/5
Victoria: 5/5

Peas & Carrots/V&N

1 kommentar: